Wednesday, May 12, 2010

In the begining......

Welcome to my blog..."The Wedding Singer". I decided to start my own blog nearing a birthday I thought I was going to dread, but, instead, I welcome it! A little sad that it took me this long to be comfortable in my own skin, I will not dwell on that, but tell a tale of my history of being a vocalist in a top 40 band, then becoming "The Wedding Singer" A title I used to take as people making fun of me, but thinking well, I will laugh all the way to the bank. In these times, I am not laughing on the way to the bank, but thinking "hmm, what bill will I pay with this check?"
As I ponder that thought, I will tell you, I was a bandleader of The Finest, one of the first band that was a sequencer type band but with live musicians. It was a great 13 year ride. After taking a short "pause for the cause" as I like to say, I joined several other live bands that eventually led me to an awesome group I am now proud to be a part of called Del's Groove. Ok, so, you have not heard of us? Well, you can always go to http://www.delsgroove.com/ and check us out. In the meantime, stay tuned. I will post all about the fun rehearsals we have to prep for a wedding, all that leads up to your special day. Last night's rehearsal was to prep for this Saturday coming, May 15th. We also managed to celebrate Alex's birthday. I made my usual box cake, using pre made icing, to impress the guys that I am a fine baker, when all I really do is follow directions. To them, well, the empty pan tell the story. We rehearsed Isle of Capri, Raymond will be crooning that one for our bride and her dad, and I will be singing Wind Beneath my Wings for our groom and his mom. Can't tell you how many times I sang that, now I finally do not cry, unless...those damn hormones kick in, which, yes, that is starting to happen! So, I will do my "dig my fingernail into my thumb" therapy to prevent myself from making an ass out of myself.
So, stay tuned...more to come, right now, gonna take a pause for the cause. Talk to you soon!!

1 comment:

  1. You're awesome Sue! And for the record...I love wedding bands AND top 40 bands! I'll be frequenting your blog from now on! Maybe I'll even start my own ;)
    -Aimee

    ReplyDelete